Enjoy this year’s crop of the finest home-grown fruit and vegetable art!
The winners of the juried art show are listed below!
Best of Show – Tim Hooper/Tommy Tomatohead
Festival Spirit – Bridget Wietlisbach/Reflections on an East Bank
Best Use of Humor – Connie Schwarz/Fried Green Tomatoes
Best Emerging Fruit of Vegetable – Claire Maher/Series of 4 Bugs with Fruit and Vegetables
Most Inventive – Ted Nunes/Teddy Tomato (Ventriloquist Dummy)
Heirloom – Elizabeth Foster/The Balanced Meal
Honorable Mention – Sarah Kaufman/Hauling it Home
Honorable Mention – Danielle Duer/Making Pretty
Honorable Mention – Maribeth Wright/Goat Series
Honorable Mention – John Cannon/Tomato Witness Protection Program
Honorable Mention – Jennifer Walker/The Phone Booth
Click on any image for better viewing; or click an image to start a slideshow! Each image lists the name of the artist and title of the piece.
Get ready for the Festival of the Year!
Once again, the time has come to pay homage to that fabulous vegetable/fruit, the TOMATO!
This year is the Tomato Art Fest’s 12th year anniversary, and we plan to astound the tomato loving world with our Tomato Art Show in East Nashville, Tennessee! To do this, we need your help…
Please help us celebrate the tomato by saying, “Yes – I want to make tomato art!”
The 12th annual Tomato Art Fest is set for August 8, 2015. Last year the festival drew nearly 40,000 people to East Nashville, and we always seem to always garner plenty of national attention along with bringing in the locals.
We hope that you will be compelled to create tomato-inspired artwork to fill the walls of our gallery and add another level of greatness to this already remarkable event.
Here is how it works:
To be selected as a tomato artist, you must submit 3 examples of your CURRENT work to Art & Invention Gallery for jurying. These pieces do NOT have to be tomatoes, just recent examples of the work that you are doing.
We accept photographs of your work, digital photos of your art through email, or a request to visit your website. We are committed to making the jurying process as easy and as accessible as possible!
If you are selected as a tomato artist:
- Each artist can submit up to three pieces of artwork for the Tomato Art Show. At least one of these art pieces must be “tomato inspired.” Because our motto is, “the tomato…a uniter, not a divider- bringing together fruits and vegetables”, we feel it is only fair to include the other fruits and vegetables in the show… so feel free to create artwork where some other fruit or vegetable is your inspiration. For the Tomato Art Show, we are accepting ONLY tomato art, and art inspired by other fruits and vegetables.
- Deadline to be selected is Sunday, July 5, 2015.
- All artists chosen to exhibit at the Tomato Art Show must deliver their completed work to the gallery no later than Sunday, July 19, 2015.
- All work must be ready to hang – no exceptions!
- There is a $10 entry fee per person. This fee is used to create a $250 cash award for Best of Show, a $200 cash award for Best Emerging Fruit or Vegetable & several cash Merit Awards.
Below is a link to the paperwork to participate in the Art Show.
Tomato Art Show Call To Artists 2015
I recently returned from Hot Springs, Arkansas, with my car so full of quartz crystals that I thought my tires would pop!
But before I put them all out for sale in the gallery, I thought I would throw a little party and invite all of my friends who like crystals to come see everything and have “dibs” on all this magic!
Thursday, April 9, 2015
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
And to make it even more exciting… Psychic Bonni McCliss is going to be there to do readings. She and her guides will be available to answer individual questions about your life and soul journey. Bonni will also communicate with your crystals, unlocking the messages of healing they are here to bring to your body, mind and spirit!
Cost for a mini reading is $20.00.
Call Art & Invention Gallery at 615.226.2070 to make an appointment to see Bonni!
PLEASE INVITE ANY FRIENDS YOU FEEL WOULD ENJOY THIS EVENT!
I SAY, THE MORE- THE MERRIER!
Well, I was still reeling from the effects of Mercury Retrograde when I bumped right in to Friday the 13th! Fortunately for me, I happen to think Friday the 13th is a very auspicious day and I have decided to celebrate my good luck by holding another Friday the 13th SALE!
I am going to choose 13 things in the gallery and mark them down to $13.00. All you have to do is find them, and they are yours for THIRTEEN DOLLARS!
it’s EASY, and FUN, and there will be some AMAZING DEALS!
I know, I know, it sounds too good to be true….but this time it is